Thursday, May 22, 2008

Giving and giving...

My hubby and I are always trying to find ways to give and give big!

We carry "Pay it Forward" cards with us that have a map to our church on the back. At least once a week we pay for someone in line behind us, usually a drive thru works well. Coffee, lunch, ice cream. We love to 'over-tip' - and it is contagious -- recently while out to dinner, our friends 'caught' us tipping big -- and they did not want to be left out on the blessings -- before we knew it the whole table got into the act -- blessed to be a blessing for sure!!

Those are some of the small things we can do each day as we go through our daily lives.

There is something about giving that gives back in ways unimaginable. I find when I am having a bad day - that is the best day to give big. It takes the focus off of my insignificant issues and allows me to help others.

Once I got caught paying for the next persons coffee, the clerk announced that I had paid for their coffee... at first I was embarrassed, until she came over to me with tears in her eyes and thanked me and the she told me about her day...

Sometimes we might think what we give away is insignificant... but sometimes the smallest gesture can be a big blessing to someone else.

There are many of us concerned for the victims of the recent tragedies across the globe, especially in China. If you would like to help ease the suffering of those who've been affected by this terrible disaster, you can join Quixtar North America/Amway Global Independent Business Owners to contribute to the American Red Cross. (make sure you are logged in to Quixtar before clicking the link)

How cool that we are affiliated with such a generous corporation and they make it simple for us to join in on the giving!

How cool that we are blessed to be a blessing!

Feel free to share you giving moments!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! You've given me a bunch of great ideas I can implement!
May I ask, how does the "pay it forward" cards work for your church? What do you have printed on it?
Thanks for being a part of the Amway Global business with me!

Freedom2Blog said...

Hey Visioneer!!

I appreciate your comments - you are inspiring!!

Do you have a blog? I would love to read it!

The pay it forward cards are made on normal card stock - about the size of a bookmark. Vary simple.

Front Side:
A photo and the title
Random Act of Kindness - Please pay it forward

Back side: - our church name and motto with a map of the church.

A radio station in our area is doing something similar and it has seen huge results -- they call it the 'drive thru difference"

Here are a few links - check it out (you may have to copy and paste)

http://ktis.nwc.edu/article.php?id=5701

http://ktis.nwc.edu/images/dtdform3.pdf

Happy Giving!!

gbozzie said...

I loved your blog entry on giving. I just had a great experience today when I paid for the groceries for the man behind me in line. Although my husband and I love to give, I had never done this before and found myself so overcome with emotion I could hardly speak--and I am not an emotional person! Quixtar/Amway Global and Worldwide Group have this spirit of giving and "pay it forward" attitude rooted deeply in their cultures. This has had enormous global impact already and I know will have even more in the future. I am enormously proud to be affiliated with this co.